Museum Pass Policy
Museum Passes are co-sponsored by
The Friends of the LocustValley Library
1. Museum passes are available to Locust Valley Library Card holders in good standing ONLY.
2. Museum passes may be reserved, but they are subject to availability. They must be handled by an adult (18 years and older) and if reserved, the pass must be picked up within three (3) days by the Library's closing time. If the pass is not picked up within the allotted time the reservation will be cancelled.
3. A maximum of one pass per family may be borrowed at a time. Most passes admit two adults and accompanying minor children. Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fairness and access for the greatest number of patrons.
4. The museum passes must be returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT PLACE MUSEUM PASSESin the book drop. There is a $10.00 per day late charge for passes not returned on time.
5. Museum Passes can not be renewed as others may be waiting for the pass.
6. Any user who loses a pass will be charged the replacement cost of that museum pass. If a patron loses two passes, his/her museum pass privileges will be revoked.
7. Museum passes may be borrowed for 7 days, thereby assuring their use over a weekend. We ask that a pass be returned in less than 7 days if it is not needed so that we can give the pass to the next person.
It is the borrower’s responsibility to check with a museum for any other questions concerning museum passes. Please check our website for links to each museum.
Board Approved: March 19, 2008