Applications accepted through 7/16/2018
Locust Valley Library is looking for a part-time librarian committed to excellence in customer service to work approximately 8-12 hours per week, with the possibility of additional substitute hours.
- Providing reference and readers' advisory services
- Assisting patrons in the use of electronic resources and digital devices
- Sharing responsibility for collection development
- Assisting with programming
- MLS degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
- NYS Public Librarian's Professional Certificate
- Strong computer and communications skills
The starting schedule is every Monday evening 5-9 PM, every fourth Saturday 9-5, and every other Sunday 1 -5 PM (starting September 16th).
Starting salary: $27.00 per hour